When staying with us, your safety is our top priority.
Our parking is designed for your convenience. Each block has its secure own parking bay located as close as possible to your room. We also have electric fence around our premises that sounds an alarm should something touch it.
You will notice that Nelspruit Lodge only has one entrance gate but four 4 exit gates. This is for safety reasons. We also have 24-hour armed response available and 2 trained security guard on site to assist with any disruptions. We recently installed a state-of-the-art smoke detection system in all our rooms for your safety.
Please refrain from smoking in our rooms as the alarm system will go off.
In case of a fire, please stay calm and follow the evacuation plan behind your door. Our trained staff will be of assistance until officials arrive.
Crime is unfortunately a reality all around the world. We would like to provide a few tips when travelling in our beautiful country, for your personal safety:
- Pay attention to your surroundings
- Keep certified photo copies of valuable documents in a safe place
- Should you lose your passport, please report it to your country’s embassy and at our local Police Station as soon as possible
- Always remain alert, especially in noisy, crowded areas
- Do not resist if confronted by aggressive persons
- Do not walk alone at night
- Do not draw any unnecessary attention to valuables or money
- Do not accept lifts from strangers
- Do not pick up hitchhikers
- Always lock your hotel room
To keep your vehicle safe:
- Activate your tracking system and alarm when parked
- Never leave valuables in plain view, even if your car is locked
- Carry your driver’s licence, registration and insurance papers with you. Do not leave documents or credit cards in your vehicle
- Park in well-lit areas
Swimming Pool Rules:
Nelspruit lodge offers 3 swimming pools. The following safety rules apply
- No unsupervised children allowed
- No glass containers or alcoholic drinks at the swimming pool areas
- No diving in the pools
- No eating, drinking or smoking in the pools
Nelspruit Lodge will not be held responsible for any loss or damage
Message from our Owner and Personnel
Thank you for choosing Nelspruit Lodge as your preferred accommodation during your stay in Nelspruit. We are delighted to accommodate you.
In 2006, when Hendrik Kruger, the owner, was trying to find a place to stay while in a little town, he noticed that most options were either extremely expensive and offering limited facilities or the available accommodation and its facilities were too basic for comfort.
Just like a typical entrepreneur, he spent the night calculating income, cost and expenses and the next morning when he returned home, he said “We are going to open a hotel. Not just any hotel. A hotel to fit anyone’s budget without compromising quality of stay!”
That is how Nelspruit Lodge, The Place to Stay, started its journey to becoming one of the best hotels in town. We began with only 20 rooms, now called Block A, and soon developed Block B, C, D and E, over a 12-year period. Each block has its own unique character and each is priced differently, to give everyone an option.
It was very important, for the owner, to incorporate open architectural designs, to avoid having enclosed corridors that will make you feel trapped. With the wide open spaces of the Lowveld all around, guests staying with us will enjoy a real sense of nature and can enjoy the scenery from all over the lodge, either by walking out of their front door or by gazing out of the windows of their rooms.
We strive to be the best hotel in Nelspruit by doing everything we can to accommodate our guests. We are always open for any feedback from you, whether it is positive or negative. We take your feedback very seriously, and we cordially request all guests to leave us a review on any of our social media platforms or on TripAdvisor.
Alternatively, any complaints can be shared online via our survey, written in our complaint book or reported to our reception staff. Immediate attention will be given by a manager or directly by the owner.
We hope you enjoy your stay with us, and that we’ll see you again soon!